Regenerative Organic Agriculture
In Partnership with Tablas Creek Vineyard
Wine is meant to connect— to sit around a dinner table and get lost in deep conversation. Through their Regenerative Organic practices, Tablas Creek Vineyard is elevating the conversation inherent in wine enabling everyone to join in the discussion.
In Regenerative Organic agriculture, as in nature, there is no player too small—it honors the fungi and bacteria in the soil, the animals that graze the vineyard, and the hands that prune the vines and pick the grapes. Through their Regenerative Organic Certification, Tablas Creek Vineyard is standing up to protect all the players in their vineyard ecosystem, and in doing so, are reaping the bounty of healthy vines, vibrant grapes, and world-class wines.
Industrial agriculture, with its narrow-minded aim to extract, source, use, and consume, has had devastating effects on our soils and ecosystems. Regenerative Organic agriculture, on the other hand, aims to work with nature in order to enhance its delicate balances and protect the abundance that it provides us.
In this campaign, we explore the interplay between agriculture and climate change in order to chronicle just how much power we and our agriculture have over the future of our home and its inhabitants.
Tablas Creek Vineyard is leading the way in moving our agriculture away from conventional, beyond sustainable, and into regeneration.
How Climate Change and Agriculture Convene: A Planet-Saving Story Waiting to Be Told
In this post, we give you the rundown on how climate change and agriculture impact one another and how the relationship is paramount in our fight against climate change. Here, we’ll answer:
- How does farming impact the environment, our soils, and our climate?
- How does a changing climate affect our agriculture and food security?
- What solutions are available to us?
Click here to read the post on the relationship between climate change and agriculture.
Getting to Know Regenerative Organic Agriculture: The Philosophy and Practices Behind the Movement
We don’t mean to intrude, but the bathroom is the perfect place to start your zero waste journey. In this article we give you ideas on how to go plastic free in the bathroom for under $200.
- What does it mean to go zero waste and how do you start?
- What are some plastic-free alternatives for bathroom staples?
- Who are some of the companies innovating personal care?
Click here to read how to go zero waste in the bathroom.
What Makes a Sustainable Vineyard? Certifications, Healthy Soil, and Tasty Grapes
General Manager, Jason Haas, and Viticulturist, Jordan Lonborg, join us to discuss their commitment to Regenerative Organic wine production and the story behind their Regenerative Organic Certification™. We cover:
- What kind of farming practices is Tablas Creek Vineyard using and why?
- How is climate change affecting wine production?
- How and why did Tablas Creek Vineyard become Regenerative Organic certified™?
Click here to listen to the podcast episodes about their Sustainable Vineyard.
Beyond Sustainable Wine: Tablas Creek’s Regenerative Agriculture Sets a Higher Standard
In order to mitigate the impact agriculture has on climate change, we must move our agriculture away from conventional, beyond sustainable, and into regenerative. Learn how Tablas Creek Vineyard is redefining what makes wine “sustainable.”
- What do the different sustainability certifications for wine mean?
- What will the future of sustainable wine look like?
- Why is Regenerative Organic Certification™ the cream of the crop?
Click here to read the post: Sustainable Wine.
How to Choose Good Wine
This post acts as a full guide on how to choose the perfect wine for every occasion.
- How do farming methods affect wine quality?
- Why do regenerative wines taste better?
- What are the common wine varieties and what do they pair well with?
Click here to read the post: How to Choose Good Wine.
Instagram Live Event with General Manager, Jason Haas and the Grow Ensemble Founders
- What are the powers (and drawbacks) of environmental certifications?
- What are the likely impacts of climate change on California wine production?
- What can we as consumers and wine producers do to reduce our environmental impact?
Our Partner: Tablas Creek Vineyard
Tablas Creek Vineyard is the first Regenerative Organic Certified™ (ROC™) vineyard in the world.
That means that in addition to producing top-of-the-line wines we love, their agricultural practices help reverse climate change, revitalize the soil, and protect animal and human welfare.
Instead of extracting from nature to increase agricultural productivity and causing great harm to our ecosystems, soil, and communities, Tablas Creek Vineyard is working with nature and giving rise to big-picture farming, where every part of the ecosystem is considered.
This small vineyard is making a huge impact in the global wine industry. They are a testament that it is only by working in harmony with the earth that you can cultivate the healthiest vines, the happiest people (and animals!), and the most delicious wines.