**WE ARE NO LONGER HIRING FOR THIS POSITION**
Please check back with us later!
I’m Cory Ames, the Founder of Grow Ensemble.
Grow Ensemble is a digital marketing training & consulting company that works specifically with social entrepreneurs and socially responsible businesses (B Corporations, 1% for the Planet Members, and others). We work with better-for-the-world businesses expanding their world-changing impact by building their presence in the online world through digital marketing.
The social business community is not only who we work with, but it’s who we are as well! We are members of 1% for the Planet, Climate Neutral Certified, and are actively pursuing B Corporation certification.
At its core, Grow Ensemble is a force for doing good in the world.
I founded Grow Ensemble in late 2018, and we are currently still a pretty intimate outfit, with a Co-Founder who manages our written content and a Director of Partnerships and Communication, along with some support from a few wonderful contractors.
We are on the lookout for team members now who might be interested in growing in their role as the company grows and matures.
I’m seeking an Executive Project Manager/Executive Assistant who can be a much-needed counterpart to help me to stay highly organized and effective as a CEO by taking over the responsibilities that prevent me from focusing on new business growth. This will require someone who could assist me not just in getting projects started but completing them and eliminating roadblocks along the way. I’m looking for someone who can be the reliable follow-through and fixer that makes sure each project and task gets to the finish line.
If you are a highly organized and detail oriented executor, find yourself interested in social entrepreneurship & sustainability, and are someone who would appreciate a flexible work environment and a long-term working relationship, then I would love to hear from you.
Position Description: Executive Assistant
With this position, we are looking for someone to be an early integrator in our company as a virtual Executive Assistant to the Founder & CEO, Cory Ames. This person should be proactive, an excellent problem solver, extremely detail-oriented, and strong, clear written communication skills.
This person needs to be the glue in our operations that ensures we are progressing with our mission.
- This is not an entry-level assistant position. You MUST have at least 2 years experience working remotely as a Virtual Assistant for a business owner.
- Expect to get several requests from the CEO per day. Sometimes this will require tasks to be done within the same day.
- You’ll handle both personal and business details, including coordinating travel, personal appointments, setting schedules, and communication with the greater Grow Ensemble team and clients.
- This is a part-time role, starting between 5-15 hours per week. However, there will be plenty of room for growth as the company grows.
- This role is also remote, so you can work anywhere in the United States / during Grow Ensemble’s business hours (mainly Central Standard Time). We communicate via email, Slack/Zoom, and phone.
- This role will pay $15 to $25 / hr. depending on experience.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Maintain daily & weekly calendar, arrange calls, meetings, and conferences while making sure all details are taken care of in a clear and organized manner.
- Creating & updating checklists and company standard operating procedures.
- Support in the hiring process—reviewing resumes, vetting applications, and arranging interviews.
- Support in our content production and promotion processes—communication with podcast guests, setting bookings, researching guests, formatting and scheduling our Better World Weekly Newsletters, blog posts, scheduling social media posts, and more.
- Work with service providers to complete & monitor edits/changes to our website—new pages, broken pages, new designs.
- Project Manage client service projects—work with contractors and service providers, schedule and arrange meetings, monitor and track project results and communication.
- Manage our affiliate partner relationships—register us for new programs, monitor and track results, and manage ad hoc promotions.
- Manage our key ‘impact’ projects & relationships. This means managing our project of achieving B Corporation certification, or partner relationships through our 1% for the Planet membership or maintaining and improving our Climate Neutral status. We are committed to doing all sorts of good. 🙂
- Researching and being the point person for service providers or contractors for projects such as website development, podcast editors, freelance writing, etc.
- Assist with monitoring of my inbox and emails, including responding to clients, other contractors, and business contacts.
- Handle personal projects and details for the CEO, such as shopping, ordering gifts, scheduling appointments, and others.
- (When the world allows) — Manage event planning & book all travel arrangements, including lodging, transportation, and activities, both within the United States and internationally.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Ability to manage multiple incoming requests, while ensuring they are relayed or handled at the appropriate time, in the necessary order and in the correct manner.
- Be highly responsive, communicative, and prompt — never miss a deadline type person!
- Capability to set up new systems and processes in order to streamline business and personal functions.
- Edit, proofread, & write.
- Ability to quickly learn new software applications.
Tools to Be Comfortable With or Learn Quickly:
- Google Drive—Docs, Sheets, Forms, Slides
- Snagit / Screen Capture Software
Education & Experience:
- At least 2+ years experience as a virtual assistant for a business owner
- Ability to handle several emails and requests per/day
- Exceptional ability to communicate progress on multiple projects
- Highly organized and efficient
- Trustworthy with strong personal integrity
- Forward-thinker who can proactively handle circumstances and situations to head off any issues in advance.
- Experience managing calendars
- Must be reachable during the hours of 8AM – 6PM Central and respond to messages within 2 hours
- Top notch communication via email and phone, internally and with clients/customers
- Proven ability to prioritize tasks
- Perfectionist, super attention to detail
- Since this is a virtual position, must be a self-starter, self-motivated, and able to work independently with minimal oversight
- Must be comfortable developing and working in a virtual relationship, and having limited amount of face-time
- Must have a PASSION for leaving the world a better place than you’ve found it!
Our Grow Ensemble Hiring Process:
- Complete an Application Below
- Paid Case Study related to the position (this will be paid)
- Video interview with both Co-Founders, Cory Ames & Annie Bright.
- Reference Checks