Digital Project Manager
Want to Help Our ‘Better-for-the-World’ Clients Grow both Their Businesses & Impact?
I’m Cory Ames, the Founder of Grow Ensemble.
Grow Ensemble is a digital marketing training & consulting company that works specifically with social entrepreneurs and socially responsible businesses (B Corporations, 1% for the Planet Members, and others). We work with better-for-the-world businesses to expand their impact by building their presence in the online world through digital marketing.
The social business community is not only who we work with, but it’s who we are as well! We are members of 1% for the Planet, Climate Neutral Certified, and are actively pursuing B Corporation certification.
At its core, Grow Ensemble is a force for doing good in the world.
I founded Grow Ensemble in late 2018, and we are currently still a pretty intimate outfit, with a Co-Founder who manages our written content and a Director of Partnerships and Communication, along with some support from a few wonderful contractors.
We are on the lookout for team members now who might be interested in growing in their role as the company grows and matures.
With this role, we are seeking a Digital Project Manager to manage and lead our client projects that are predominantly focused on SEO & Content Marketing. You’ll work with multiple contractors and Grow Ensemble team members to ensure that client campaigns are advancing effectively and with exceptional results.
You’ll also be responsible for implementing and refining systems as necessary to ensure we are operating as efficiently as possible—producing a top tier service for our better-for-the-world clients, at a large scale!
If you excel in project management, learning quickly, and resolving problems and challenges that go along with keeping teams and projects organized, then we’d love to hear from you!
Founder & CEO, Grow Ensemble
Quick Video Intro:
Position Description: Digital Project Manager
Get connected with businesses that are changing the world. Learn about digital marketing tactics, strategies, and tools that work.
Help ‘Better-Businesses’ & ‘Better Business-People’ expand their reach and impact, and do so in a flexible, and fast-paced remote work environment!
With this position, we are looking for a Digital Project Manager to lead and manage our client projects and digital marketing campaigns to success. This person should be proactive, an excellent problem solver, have a strong attention to detail, and have a passion for seeing their work completed on time and in a quality manner.
The primary focuses of our Digital Project Manager will be:
- Project Management for Client Digital Marketing Campaigns & Projects
- Client Relationship Management
- Some experience with project management is preferred but not required.
- Manage and lead our Grow Ensemble client projects to an effective and successful completion.
- Communicate with clients, send project updates and reports, schedule and lead client facing meetings.
- Create and refine systems and standard operating procedures to increase our operational efficiency and improve client experience/results.
- This is a part-time role, starting between 10-15 hours per week. However, there will be plenty of room for growth as the company grows and this position will evolve into a full-time role.
- This role is also remote, so you can work anywhere in the United States / during Grow Ensemble’s business hours (mainly Central Standard Time). We communicate via email, Slack/Zoom, and phone.
- This role will pay $15 to $25 / hr. depending on experience.
- Since this is a virtual position, must be a self-starter, self-motivated, and able to work independently with minimal oversight
- Must be comfortable developing and working in a virtual relationship, and having limited amount of face-time
- Must be reachable during the hours of 8AM – 6PM Central and respond to messages within 2 hours
- Must have a PASSION for leaving the world a better place than you’ve found it!
Tasks & Responsibilities
Project Management for Client Digital Marketing Campaigns & Projects:
- Learn to build digital marketing strategies and perform comprehensive digital marketing audits that will drive our purpose-driven business clients and partners the results they need to grow and make an impact in their communities and industries.
- Build SEO informed Content Strategies for our clients, conducting keyword research, customer and audience research and more.
- Organize & build content plans in Google Sheets and manage the entire content production and publication process for our clients in Asana — ensure content is being produced and published ahead of schedule, at all times!
- Source, screen, and test new writers for our client content projects.
- Work & lead teams of contractors and Grow Ensemble team members—editors, writers, social media managers, designers, developers to ensure that client projects are advancing forward.
- Maintain, create, & refine our internal systems and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) to ensure our clients are getting the best results, in the most efficient manner.
- Lead a weekly internal meeting, updating the Grow Ensemble team on the status of client projects, any needs/challenges, and planned next actions.
Client Relationship Management:
- Serve as the primary contact for your clients at Grow Ensemble. This means managing the relationship from the moment our partnership is signed, through the entire lifecycle of the project. These touch-points would include; leading client calls and updates, answering questions via email, making necessary changes and adjustments to the client’s project based on request, and regular reporting. The success of our client projects are highly dependent on effective communication!
- Serve as a liaison between our clients and writing team during the project kick-off and launch of publishing.
- Become a subject matter expert on the client’s business and industry — inside and out.
- Deliver weekly progress updates & metrics reports (via email) for our clients on the status of their project.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously — well organized, and highly competent at determining, what’s the next action here? Have the confidence and ability to prioritize when faced with multiple projects and deadlines.
- Proactive and clear communicator! You take ownership of updating others on progress, results or roadblocks of projects — never miss a deadline type person!
- You can lead and manage others — You’ll be working with a vast network of writers, editors, and team members/contractors of all kinds.
- Ability to manage multiple incoming requests, while ensuring they are relayed or handled at the appropriate time, in the necessary order and in the correct manner.
- Strong attention to detail — Apt to conduct ‘QA checks,’ some editing and proofreading.
- Ability to quickly learn new software applications.
Tools to Be Comfortable With or Learn Quickly:
- Google Drive—Docs, Sheets, Forms, Slides
- Snagit / Screen Capture Software