Learn Ensemble: The Generalist’s Library
- Eric Hudson, Preserve
- Emma Rose Cohen, Final
- Jeremy Lang, Pela
- Svanika Balasubramanian, Repurpose
- Lindsey McCoy & Alison Webster, Plaine Products
Overview: What Causes Plastic Pollution?
380 million tons (think about that for a second!) of plastic are produced every single year. And an estimated 50% of that is for single-use purposes! That’s the kind of plastic that is used for perhaps just a few minutes yet stays on our planet forever.
Plus, all of these disposable plastics create waste that don’t merely end up in our landfills. This plastic pollution has strong adverse effects on ecosystems, wildlife, and people across the globe. From tons of plastic floating in the ocean to microplastics hidden in our food, water, and consumer products, plastic pollution is everywhere.
On this page, you’ll be able to start answering questions like: What’s so amazing about the plastic issue anyway? Why are single-use plastics so detrimental to our planet and the people on it? Are there actionable ways for individuals and our organizations to be the solution to this crisis? What are they?
Articles on Plastic Pollution & Solutions
Plastic Pollution: How Does it Affect Humans?
All of the places we can find plastic waste may surprise you. You probably know there is plastic debris in our ocean and in our landfills. But did you know the plastic fork you used for lunch could end up deep within our agricultural soil? Plastic pollution can even find its way into the food we eat, the water we drink, and the air we breathe!
- Plastic pollutants can have ill effect on humans and our economy, in addition to the world we live
- Asking yourself what you can do? You can start by simply supporting environmentally friendly companies like Plaine Products or others that are Carbon Neutral Certified
Plastic Pollution: How Does Plastic Get into the Ocean?
Do you want to be one step closer to helping to save our oceans? This post will leave you with a better understanding of the problem with plastics in regards to the health of our oceans and wildlife with it. With this information, you’ll be able to help solve this plastic problem.
- What’s the big deal about plastic anyway? It’s a versatile, durable, and cheap material which make it both an effective tool for humans and a material that is painfully slow at breaking down
- The ocean is the planet’s largest plastic waste receptacle
- Prevention, prevention, prevention! The best way to stymie plastic pollution is to stop plastic consumption in the first place. Start small and this will be an attainable goal we can all work towards together.
How to Go Plastic Free
What’s the biggest challenge with going plastic-free? Uhh…going plastic-free of course! Plastic is such a pervasive material, hidden in all different parts of our lives.
To determine to reduce your everyday plastic use and transition towards a plastic-free lifestyle, you need to be equipped with a plan to do so.
- Making serious headway on going plastic-free starts with awareness. Audit your daily plastic use, now! This will give you a head start on finding where you can make impactful changes.
- Swaps will be your best friend! There are more and more marketplaces that are built around the idea of making natural, reduced-plastic items easier to find.
Campaign: Zero Waste, Plastic Free Bathroom
Grow Ensemble Partner Cause Campaign with Plaine Products
We likely don’t go a single day without using something made out of or packaged in plastic. How wild is that?!?
But…at the same time, our use of plastic is exactly what makes it such a perfect target for making everyday change!
That’s why we created this campaign in partnership with our friends at Plaine Products. In the campaign, we cover:
- How Plastic Pollution Affects Humans
- How to Go Zero Waste and Plastic-Free in the Bathroom
- How to Reduce Plastic Use, Everyday
Interviews with Leaders Addressing the Plastic Pollution Problem
Most Recent Articles & Interviews on Plastics
- Plastic Alternatives: Your Everyday Guide to a Plastic-Free Future
- How to Go Plastic-Free: 11 Steps to Life Without Plastic
- Why Plastic Straws SUCK
- How Does Plastic Get into the Ocean? And How Do We Stop It in Its Tracks?
- How to Go Zero Waste & Plastic-Free in the Bathroom (For Less Than $200)
- Stasher Bags Review (2021): Are These Silicone Reusable Bags Worth It?
Explore More Topics
Let’s Grow Together on Social Media
Keep up with Grow Ensemble and connect with us on all your favorite platforms…