Jessica Kellner is one of the four co-founders of BARK Media, a B corporation located in Lawrence, Kansas. With more than 40 years of combined experience, Jessica and the other members of the Bark Media team specialize in helping beneficial brands thrive by authentically connecting with their audience.
Bark Media sees marketing as more than just a means of favorable metrics. It views it as an opportunity, almost an obligation, to build a relationship with a community around your brand and company.
In this episode, Jessica shares a list of valuable insights with us. She talks about Bark Media’s unique marketing approach, the importance of collaborating with others in your space and industry to create a social impact network, key lessons she has learned while growing a socially responsible business, and practices she finds essential to elevate a brand’s ability to make a difference and create sustainable success.
“Not every person that you interact with is going to end up being your strongest advocate. But the more people that you can interact with, the more really strong advocates you’re going to end up with.” — Jessica Kellner
- Why authentic storytelling is a valuable marketing tool.
- Jessica’s experience with the green living community and sustainable living.
- What makes Jessica and her co founders perfectly suited for running BARK Media.
- The importance of collaborating with others in your industry and being involved in the right communities for your business.
- The fundamentals every to execute an effective social enterprise marketing plan.
- Jessica’s background in the house and home industry.
- The biggest challenge Bark Media faces daily and how its team makes strategic business decisions
- The first step to marketing your business and telling your brand story.
- Lessons learned from growing a business; value of a slow growth model.
Links from the Episode:
- Jessica Kellner on LinkedIn
- BARK Media
- Mother Earth Living
- Jessica’s book, Housing Reclaimed
- Bioneers Conference
- B Corp Champions Retreat
Building a Better World, Together
Grow Ensemble, a 1% For the Planet business member, is an Impact Media + Marketing company on a mission to make more sustainable living and business the norm.