Listen on your favorite podcast platform:
Welcome to The Grow Ensemble Podcast everybody! Today we are chatting with Adrianne Chandra-Huff from Bodhi Surf & Yoga, a socially and environmentally focused holiday lodge in Costa Rica. Adrianne gives us a great look at the company, how they started and the lessons that are taking forward into the future. She shares some of her insights and beliefs around the role of such a business and its relationship to its surroundings and community. We get in the guests’ experience, communication, the facilities, and sustainable growth for this type of business. For Adrianne, the experience is really focused on learning about yoga and surfing, Costa Rica and getting a glimpse into another way of life.
The three key takeaways from our discussion are:
- How to leverage the unique opportunity available to the tourist and hospitality industry in extending a guest’s experience,
- How to exceed guest expectations
- And, the best ways to give back and make an impact with a business.
For a great chat about a wonderful company and its initiatives, be sure to tune in!
Also, don’t forget we are hosting a giveaway! Click the image below to learn more:
Grow Ensemble Launch Giveaway — https://growensemble.com/launch-giveaway/
Adrianne Chandra-Huff — https://medium.com/@achandrahuff
Bodhi Surf & Yoga — https://www.bodhisurfyoga.com/
Bodhi Surf & Yoga on Twitter — https://twitter.com/bodhisurfyoga
Bodhi Surf & Yoga on Facebook — https://www.facebook.com/bodhisurfyoga/
Bodhi Surf & Yoga on Instagram — https://www.instagram.com/explore/locations/235663907/bodhi-surf-yoga/
Bodhi Surf & Yoga on Youtube — https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpvQ3597fPlhpNopib2drLg
Amigos of Costa Rica — https://amigosofcostarica.org/
ISA — https://www.isasurf.org/
- Some background to the work Adrianne does at the lodge.
- How Bodhi became a functioning and official business.
- The ongoing exercise of ensuring the community impact of a business.
- Adrianne’s hopes for her guests and their experience.
- The evolving tribe and the intern program at Bodhi Surf & Yoga.
- Bodhi’s Facebook Group and the sharing of information on this platform.
- Availability and managing the flow of guests at the facility.
- Customer experience and how guests typically find information on the lodge.
- Creating sustainable and stable growth through realistic choices.
- The team at the lodge and the requirements for getting hired.
- Bodhi’s Traveller’s Philanthropy Program.
- The steps the company is taking to reduce negative environmental effects of tourism.
- Formalizing the schedule and organizing the guests’ experience.
- Balancing the fun activities and services that are offered.
- And much more!
“What we have created is something that doesn’t really feel like work.” — @bodhisurfyoga [0:03:19.7]
“It is a selling point for your company to be doing good in this day and age.” — @bodhisurfyoga [0:09:02.2]
“We spend so much time with our guests that we can really ask them anything.” — @bodhisurfyoga [0:23:38.6]