Listen on your favorite podcast platform:
In today’s episode of The Grow Ensemble Podcast, we are joined by Henry Marshall from Canniloq, a company specializing in creating high end stash containers for the safe consumption of cannabis. As a relatively new venture, Canniloq is starting to make inroads into the burgeoning market as marijuana is steadily becoming more widely legal in the US.
We hear from Henry about the early stages of establishing the company and product and his priorities in this regard, as well as his initial experiences of the industry at large. Henry talks to us about networking and partnerships and some of the marketing strategies they have already implemented to get their name out there.
From there the conversation turns to the more socially impactful side of the company, something that seems integral to the way they do business and envision the future. The Unloq the Truth Campaign that Canniloq is spearheading is dedicated to raising awareness, support, and resources for those who have suffered at the hands of antiquated and skewed drugs laws. This means job creation, educational events and more for ex-convicts and a plethora of initiatives to introduce the new found capital of the legal cannabis industry back towards those who suffered before it was regulated in this way.
For a fascinating business and ethical discussion be sure to listen in!
Also, don’t forget we are hosting a giveaway! Click the image below to learn more:
Grow Ensemble — https://growensemble.wpengine.com
Henry Marshall — https://www.linkedin.com/in/henry-burgess-marshall-680599136
Henry Marshall (Twitter) — https://twitter.com/henryinseattle
Canniloq — https://www.canniloq.com
Dope Magazine — http://www.dopemagazine.com/attend//
Respect My Region — https://www.respectmyregion.com
Dylan Fout — https://www.instagram.com/catchphrase.art/
Canniloq Smell Test Video — https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BF0CbINO6c
Hemp Fest — https://www.hempfest.org
Unloq the Truth — https://www.respectmyregion.com/canniloq-cannabis-unloq-truth/
TOMS Shoes — https://www.toms.com/egv
Unloq The Truth — https://www.unloqthetruth.com
- A little background on Henry’s work at Canniloq.
- The purposes of Canniloq’s products in different states.
- The business plan and how the company is looking to grow into the market.
- Networking and connections in the cannabis industry.
- The recent video that Canniloq released to demonstrate the airlock.
- The value of immediate feedback at festivals and events.
- Some of the biggest challenges Henry and his team have faced.
- Canniloq’s ‘Unlock the Truth’ campaign and what has motivated it.
- The company’s attitude towards balancing marketing and social consciousness.
- Pollution and recycling in the cannabis industry.
- Some links and resources for further reading and learning.
- Henry’s experiences talking to victims of the war on drugs.
- Managing the relationship between privilege and profit.
- And much more!
“Even where it is legal, I think being discreet is something that some people want.” — @canniloq [0:03:18.9]
“The first step is always getting to know people and that’s been what I have been really focussing on.” — @canniloq [0:07:41.3]
“The real catalyst was getting informed and educated.” — @canniloq [0:24:43.6]