After growing up in a family whose work all lied around the small business economy and the local community, and having the opportunity to partake in some corporate management and nonprofit roles, Chris Chancey realized that being a social entrepreneur was the path he was destined to go down.
Chris is the founder and CEO of Amplio Recruiting, a staffing agency that places refugees into jobs across the U.S. Chris launched Amplio in 2014 after moving into a refugee community outside of Atlanta, Georgia and thinking about ways to help refugees resettle. They have placed over 5,000 refugees from over 40 countries into full-time employment in over 300 companies in the manufacturing, construction, and hospitality industries. Amplio has generated nearly $12 million in revenue and operates in Atlanta, Detroit, Houston, and Raleigh-Durham.
As a social entrepreneur, venture capitalist, and author of the book Refugee Workforce, in which he articulates the economic impact of refugees in America, Chris wholeheartedly believes in leveraging business to create greater stability for the 70 million displaced people around the globe. Like Defy Ventures, Chris is using business to make a difference and create economic security and grow social opportunity for those in need of it most.
In this episode, we discuss the origins of Amplio, the experience Chris and his wife had moving into a refugee community, how he got to know his neighbors better, and how that led to the idea that Amplio could be a solution for this community.
“As people learn more about what’s happening in the world around the refugee crisis, and especially as the U.S. and our government makes certain policies that in the case right now are not very beneficial, not very in favor of the refugee community, there are companies that are now educated about who a refugee is, their legal status, and their ability to work. Companies call us, saying, ‘We would love to be a part of their story.” –Chris Chancey
- The origins of Amplio
- Chris’ experience moving into the refugee community
- How Chris got to know his neighbors
- Early client relationships within Amplio
Links from the Episode:
- Amplio Recruiting on LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram
- Chris Chancey on LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram
- Refugee Workforce by Chris Chancey
- Refugee Workforce on Amazon
Building a Better World, Together
Grow Ensemble, a 1% For the Planet business member, is an Impact Media + Marketing company on a mission to make more sustainable living and business the norm.
Our Latest Articles & Interviews:
- Corporate Board Diversity: How to Make Boardrooms of America Look Like America
- 24 Female Entrepreneurs Using Business as a Force for Good
- B Corp Best for the World Companies, 2021 (A Grow Ensemble Podcast Playlist)
- The New Fashion Entrepreneur: What Leadership in Fashion Must Look Like for the Next Generation