#17– How to Build a Community Around Ethical Shopping & Fair Trade Goods
with Liza Moiseeva, Co-Founder & CMO of GlobeIn
Liza Moiseeva is the Co-founder and CMO of GlobeIn, a fair trade subscription box and ethical online marketplace showcasing the exceptional craftsmanship of artisans around the world.
With GlobeIn, Liza has managed to create tremendous impact through building a deeply connected community around the brand. From model to marketing, her business works to give opportunity to artisan groups globally and build deep connections with mindful digital consumers who truly appreciate their work. GlobeIn strives to empower and support these artists, some of whose art forms are rapidly vanishing, providing a path for them to not only preserve their art, but also to thrive, find success, and take care of themselves, their families, and their communities.
As a talented entrepreneur with a history in the nonprofit and social good sector, Liza attributes much of her success to the power of the type of community building she has worked hard to infuse into GlobeIn. From running meetups with like-minded people to interactive Facebook Lives, a strong community has always been at the heart of Liza’s achievements.
In this episode, we get to hear about GlobeIn’s origin story, Liza’s journey in the social good space, and her invigorating perspective on community and growth through the context of GlobeIn. Liza also dives in and breaks down the fundamentals she believes has been key to GlobeIn’s success, having managed to navigate a competitive industry while still promoting sustainable consumption, build a network of passionate and engaged customers and create powerful, lasting change for artisan groups all around the world.
Want more episodes on Impactful businesses in the ethical fashion space? Listen to:
- #47 – From Kentucky to India: Global Impact through Textile Design with Colleen & Maggie Clines of Anchal Project
- #24 – Bridging the Gap: Manish Gupta and Matr Boomie Connect Indian Artisans with Western Consumers
- #18 – From Google, Amazon and Adobe to An Ethical Fashion Startup with Laura Alexander Wittig, CEO of Brightly
Co-Founder Liza with some of GlobeIn’s talented artisans at work
- GlobeIn’s origin story and the kinds of products they sell as well as their business model.
- How Liza’s experience working with nonprofits led her to believe that charities might not always be the most sustainable way of solving social problems.
- How community is the key to a truly impactful and successful social good platform
- A reflection on Muhammad Yunus, better known as the father of microfinance, and the philosophy that businesses both can and should make money and solve social problems.
- We hear about Liza’s time as a collegiate swimmer in the US, her aspirations to become an Olympic athlete, and how her time as a competitive athlete has shaped her thinking
asa business owner.
- Details on a recent initiative, the Artisan Fund and the impact it’s made so far.
- Plans for GlobeIn’s future
- Challenges GlobeIn has faced and what they’ve done to surmount them
- Marketing tools and strategies GlobeIn has used to successfully promote their company
- Advice for small brands looking to take things to the next level
Our Latest Episodes & Show Notes:
Listen in to one of our recent episodes with a change-makin’ social entrepreneur.
#86 - How Just One Percent Makes a Differencewith Kate Williams, CEO of 1% for the Planet Bonus Material: Download the Companion for this EpisodeSubscribe: In 2002, Yvon Chouinard, founder of Patagonia, and Craig Mathews, founder of Blue Ribbon Flies, created 1% for...
#84 – How Businesses Can Go Plastic Neutral with CEO & Co-Founder of rePurpose, Svanika Balasubramanian
#84 - How Businesses Can Go Plastic Neutralwith CEO & Co-Founder of rePurpose, Svanika Balasubramanian Bonus Material: Download the Companion for this EpisodeSubscribe: 15 trucks of plastic flush into the oceans every single minute. How do we possibly make any sort of...
#82 – How Sustainable Product Design Creates a Circular Economy with Jeremy Lang, Founder of Pela Case
#82 - How Sustainable Product Design Creates a Circular Economy with Jeremy Lang, Founder of Pela Bonus Material: Download the Companion for this EpisodeSubscribe: As a boy, Jeremy Lang, the founder of Pela, saw flax straw being burned in the fields and wanted to find...
#80 - How to Stop Mindless Consumption in E-Commercewith Anders Ankarlid, CEO of A Good Company Bonus Material: Download the Companion for this EpisodeSubscribe: First-hand encounters with the devastating effects of climate change inspired Anders Ankarlid, a...
#78 - How to Get Rid of Plastic in the Oceanwith Eric Hudson, CEO & Founder of Preserve Bonus Material: Download the Companion for this EpisodeSubscribe: This story begins with a toothbrush made with recycled plastics. Eric Hudson wanted to demonstrate that everyday...
The B Impact Assessment: What is it & Why Does it Matter? Want the audio version of this blog post? Listen to it here:Subscribe:here is a lot of mention of Certified B Corporations and the B Corp movement on the Grow Ensemble blog...and...
50 Social Entrepreneurs Changing the World Want the audio version of this post? Listen to part 1 & 2 below:Subscribe:f you’re looking for a comprehensive introduction and explanation of social entrepreneurship, download our Social...
#73 – Building a Financially Healthy Workforce, One Company at a Time with Ennie Lim, Founder of HoneyBee
#73 - Building a Financially Healthy Workforce, One Company at a Time with Ennie Lim, Founder of HoneyBee Bonus Material: Download the Companion for this EpisodeSubscribe: Apple Podcasts / Google Podcasts / Spotify / Stitcher / Overcast When Ennie Lim got a divorce...
#71 – Fostering Community & Connection with Purpose (in this Current Crisis and Beyond) with Jenn Graham, Founder & CEO of Civic Dinners
#71 - Fostering Connection & Community with Purpose (In this Current Crisis and Beyond) with Jenn Graham, Founder & CEO of Civic Dinners Bonus Material: Download the Companion for this EpisodeSubscribe: Apple Podcasts / Google Podcasts / Spotify / Stitcher / Overcast...