Mark Cuddigan is the CEO of the number one baby food company in the UK, Ella’s Kitchen. After reading an article about Microsoft employees creating refugees crisis solutions, he became inspired to make a difference. He had a full professional life before joining the Ella’s Kitchen team, but the company transformed his life as it opened up his perception of how business can best run for itself, its employees, and the world all at the same time.
Ella’s Kitchen is not only the number one baby food company in the UK (and growing). The company has become a leader in sustainable business and an advocate of Certified B Corporations and the certification. As the head of sustainability for the Hain Celestial Group, Mark’s practices around learning, leading, and working for society’s benefit extend far beyond his role as Ella’s Kitchen CEO.
In our episode, Mark talks about the epiphany that brought him into the world of socially-conscious business and explains why he strongly encourages others to join the community. He shares perspective on the unlimited potential (and responsibility) business has to create solutions to some of the world’s most pressing problems and the importance of creating a supportive work environment for employees to set the foundation to expand your mission.
A few takeaways from our conversation:
- How to lay the foundation within your company to ensure success outside.
- Business has the capacity to create the solutions the world needs and to do it when we need it: now.
- “We are the first generation of leaders that won’t be able to look back and say we didn’t know. So the question is what are we going to do about it?”
Links from the Episode:
- Ella’s Kitchen
- Turn the Ship Around! by David Marquet
- Mark Cuddigan- LinkedIn
- “Our Dream”
- Ella’s Kitchen Sustainability Report
Building a Better World, Together
Grow Ensemble, a 1% For the Planet business member, is an Impact Media + Marketing company on a mission to make more sustainable living and business the norm.
Our Latest Articles & Interviews:
- Corporate Board Diversity: How to Make Boardrooms of America Look Like America
- 24 Female Entrepreneurs Using Business as a Force for Good
- B Corp Best for the World Companies, 2021 (A Grow Ensemble Podcast Playlist)
- The New Fashion Entrepreneur: What Leadership in Fashion Must Look Like for the Next Generation