Listen on your favorite podcast platform:
Plaine Products was founded in 2017 and is based in Terrace Park, Ohio. Lindsey runs the company alongside her sister, Alison, and they are on a mission to reduce waste and help stop the spread of single-use plastic. All of their products are vegan, non-GMO, cruelty-free, biodegradable, color-safe and free of parabens, sulfates, and toxins.
In this episode, Lindsey talks about the origin story of Plaine Products and how they are now on track to hit over $1 million in sales after only being in business for two years. Lindsey also shares some of her best tips to begin taking action in reducing your plastic use and cultivating a more sustainable lifestyle and household.
Finally, we learn more about how Plaine Products has diverted over 50,000 plastic bottles from landfills already, and how they are planning to double that number in 2019.
So, be sure to tune in for an incredible conversation PLUS an offer for 20% off your first order at Plaine Products!
- Lindsey McCoy — https://www.linkedin.com/in/lindsey-d-mccoy/ [0:00:23]
- Plaine Products — https://www.plaineproducts.com/ [0:00:26] & [0:32:06]
- 1% For The Planet Alliance — http://www.onepercentfortheplanet.org/ [0:00:30]
- Plaine Products discount code: “grow” [0:01:37]
- Plaine Products on Instagram — https://www.instagram.com/plaineproducts/ [0:32:27]
- Plain Products on Twitter — https://twitter.com/PlaineProducts [0:32:27]
- Plain Products on Facebook — https://www.facebook.com/plaineproducts/ [0:32:27]
- Plain Products on Pinterest — https://www.pinterest.ca/plaineproducts/ [0:32:27]
- Lindsey’s background and what she does in her role
ofCEO of Plaine Products. [0:02:13]
- Making the transition from the non-profit industry to Plaine Profits. [0:02:55]
- Why Lindsey and her sister, Alison, made the leap to go into business together. [0:04:50]
- The lengthy process of finding a manufacturer for the company. [0:07:05]
- Launch day at Plaine Products: not waiting for perfect! [0:08:55]
- How Lindsey’s mindset has shifted over the past two years of business. [0:10:02]
- What has contributed to
PlaineProduct’s rapid growth? [0:13:21]
- Most impactful lessons Lindsey has learned about the “plastic issue”. [0:15:57]
- Strategies for raising awareness about single-use plastic. [0:19:26]
- Small steps to take for creating a more sustainable household. [0:21:33]
- Reflecting on accomplishments and goals for Plaine Products going forward. [0:23:10]
- What Lindsey focuses on every day to align with
theirmission and goals. [0:25:02]
- Initiatives that Plaine Products is focusing on at the moment. [0:29:02]
- And much more!
- “You can have a great idea, but if you have something that turns people’s hair to straw they just are not going to support you.” — Lindsey McCoy @PlaineProducts [0:07:33]
- “Plastic doesn’t go away. It is an incredible material, but it is inherently designed to last for 100s or 1,000s of years.” — Lindsey McCoy @PlaineProducts [0:16:34]