#33 – Using Differentiation to Capture More Market Share and Find More Fulfillment in the Process
with Transformation Catalyst Founder & CEO, Michèle Soregaroli
When Bernie Geiss told us about his business coach who triggered his company’s rebrand to better reflect his personal principles and values, we couldn’t wait to get her on the podcast. Michèle Soregaroli is as great as we expected…not that we didn’t already trust the recommendation and her long list of accolades—2011 Woman of Worth Mompreneur of the year, 2013 International Coach Federation Coach Impact Award, and being profiled in the national 2013 and 2014 Distinctive Woman Magazine…no big deal.
Michèle is the founder and CEO of Transformation Catalyst. Her company coaches and consults with entrepreneurs and business founders who want their business to embody deeper value, more meaning, and sustained impact. She coaches her clients to identify and emphasize the principles and values that are embedded in the core of their companies.
In this episode, Michèle starts by explaining what a differentiator is and why it’s important in a business strategy. She gives us some tips on how to find the language to describe your differentiator and what that process looks like. With all of this and much more, have a listen to learn what steps you can take to build a character of integrity in your company.
Want more episodes focussed on impact-driven business growth? Listen to:
- #19 – How Businesses Can Achieve the Greatest Good through Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion with Ryan Honeyman, Co-Author of the Second Edition of the B Corp Handbook: How to Use Business as a Force for Good
- #40 – How Values Shape Company Culture and Success with Claire Booth & Hanson Lok of Lux Insights
- #29 – Transitioning From a Traditional Business to a Social Enterprise, with Bernie Geiss, Founder of Cove Continuity Advisors
Michèle with her husband & the Co-founder of Transformation Catalyst, Brian Soregaroli
A few takeaways from our chat:
- The four forces of differentiation= platform, process, personality, and purpose.
- Identify your differentiator: Hold onto the strengths, anchor in the strengths, lean on the strengths, and identify what is valuable about your unique approach.
- Differentiation from a strategic perspective is 100% about integrity.
- What we want to do is be really clear that it’s not about being loud and getting noticed. It’s about holding a really strong and principled business that has a very solid core and has nuances that are unique because of the way they are framed and delivered.
- You can’t be average and generate an emotional response from anybody. Avoiding the middle of the road positioning may mean alienating some people who don’t share your values, but it will also create opportunity with those who do.
Our Latest Episodes & Show Notes:
Listen in to one of our recent episodes with a change-makin’ social entrepreneur.
#86 - How Just One Percent Makes a Differencewith Kate Williams, CEO of 1% for the Planet Bonus Material: Download the Companion for this EpisodeSubscribe: In 2002, Yvon Chouinard, founder of Patagonia, and Craig Mathews, founder of Blue Ribbon Flies, created 1% for...
#84 – How Businesses Can Go Plastic Neutral with CEO & Co-Founder of rePurpose, Svanika Balasubramanian
#84 - How Businesses Can Go Plastic Neutralwith CEO & Co-Founder of rePurpose, Svanika Balasubramanian Bonus Material: Download the Companion for this EpisodeSubscribe: 15 trucks of plastic flush into the oceans every single minute. How do we possibly make any sort of...
#82 – How Sustainable Product Design Creates a Circular Economy with Jeremy Lang, Founder of Pela Case
#82 - How Sustainable Product Design Creates a Circular Economy with Jeremy Lang, Founder of Pela Bonus Material: Download the Companion for this EpisodeSubscribe: As a boy, Jeremy Lang, the founder of Pela, saw flax straw being burned in the fields and wanted to find...
#80 - How to Stop Mindless Consumption in E-Commercewith Anders Ankarlid, CEO of A Good Company Bonus Material: Download the Companion for this EpisodeSubscribe: First-hand encounters with the devastating effects of climate change inspired Anders Ankarlid, a...
#78 - How to Get Rid of Plastic in the Oceanwith Eric Hudson, CEO & Founder of Preserve Bonus Material: Download the Companion for this EpisodeSubscribe: This story begins with a toothbrush made with recycled plastics. Eric Hudson wanted to demonstrate that everyday...
The B Impact Assessment: What is it & Why Does it Matter? Want the audio version of this blog post? Listen to it here:Subscribe:here is a lot of mention of Certified B Corporations and the B Corp movement on the Grow Ensemble blog...and...
50 Social Entrepreneurs Changing the World Want the audio version of this post? Listen to part 1 & 2 below:Subscribe:f you’re looking for a comprehensive introduction and explanation of social entrepreneurship, download our Social...
#73 – Building a Financially Healthy Workforce, One Company at a Time with Ennie Lim, Founder of HoneyBee
#73 - Building a Financially Healthy Workforce, One Company at a Time with Ennie Lim, Founder of HoneyBee Bonus Material: Download the Companion for this EpisodeSubscribe: Apple Podcasts / Google Podcasts / Spotify / Stitcher / Overcast When Ennie Lim got a divorce...
#71 – Fostering Community & Connection with Purpose (in this Current Crisis and Beyond) with Jenn Graham, Founder & CEO of Civic Dinners
#71 - Fostering Connection & Community with Purpose (In this Current Crisis and Beyond) with Jenn Graham, Founder & CEO of Civic Dinners Bonus Material: Download the Companion for this EpisodeSubscribe: Apple Podcasts / Google Podcasts / Spotify / Stitcher / Overcast...