While transitioning out of his position as an engineer at Motorola, Chris Hutchinson realized that he was less interested in engineering and more interested in leadership. Shortly thereafter, he founded The Trebuchet Group, a Certified B Corporation located in Fort Collins, Colorado, with the mission of developing leadership skills in individuals and helping leaders build strong teams around them. He has become passionate about sharing not only the knowledge on how to become a great leader, but defining the actionable steps to get there.
In this episode, we discuss Chris’ own personal journey with leadership, what qualities he believes make up a great leader, and how a company’s leadership and team structure is the deciding factor on how successful it will be. We also dive into how Trebuchet defined their target client, the importance of growth and introspection (both personally and professionally), and Chris’ 2015 book on leadership, Ripple.
Also, if you are interested in getting a copy of Chris’ book yourself, go to www.rippleleader.com.
For listeners of the podcast, you get FREE DOMESTIC SHIPPING when ordering direct from The Ripple Leader website, just enter the code “GROWENSEMBLE” at checkout.
“Working on yourself first is the most rewarding work you’re going to do. Not only for you, but for everyone around you.” -Chris Hutchinson
- Tips on how to tend to leadership in your mission driven company
- The qualities of an effective leader
- The importance of transparency, looking within, and being self-aware
- Chris’ personal journey in studying leadership
- How to determine your focus and choose the right projects for growth
- How to define a target client
- Chris’ book on leadership, Ripple
Links from the Episode:
- The Trebuchet Group
- Story Brand
- New Belgium
- National Center for Employee Ownership
- Small Giants Summit
- The Gathering of the Games
- The Great Game of the Business by Jack Stack
Building a Better World, Together
Grow Ensemble, a 1% For the Planet business member, is an Impact Media + Marketing company on a mission to make more sustainable living and business the norm.